Wednesday, December 2, 2009

China Tour December 2009-January 2010

I'm writing this blog to keep my friends and family members updated on my life while I'm on tour! The next exciting thing happening in my life is a tour of China with the World Orchestra of Jeunesses Musicales. Here's my itinerary:
-->December 4, 8 pm: Board a bus for New York.
Stay overnight with a friend from high school.
-->December 5, 5 am: Take the subway to JFK airport.
11:30 am: Flight departs for NRT (Tokyo) airport.
-->December 6, 3:40 pm: Arrive in Tokyo.
5:25 pm: Flight departs for PEK (Beijing).
8:30 pm: Arrive in Beijing.
9:30 pm: Board shuttle bus to hotel in Shijiazhuang
midnight: Arrive in Shijiazhuang
-->December 7, morning: Seating audition
-->December 7-14: Shijiazhuang residency
-->December 15-16: Beijing, including a concert in Beijing's beautiful new concert hall
-->December 17-19: Shenyang
-->December 20-23: Dalian
-->December 24-25: Luoyang
-->December 26-28: Hangzhou
-->December 29: Huzhou
-->December 30-January 1: Guangzhou
-->January 2: Shenzhen
-->January 3-6: Shunde
-->January 7: Travel back to Beijing
-->January 8: Free day in Beijing with other members of the tour
-->January 9: Tour members return home. I sight-see in Beijing, and possibly visit with a friend from high school who is studying abroad and/or a former student of my teacher who is currently living and working in Beijing as a professional horn player
-->January 12, 1:25 pm: Flight leaves for Tokyo
5:55 pm: Arrive in Tokyo
7:25 pm: Flight leaves for New York
6:20 pm: Arrive in New York
7:50 pm: Flight leaves for Boston
9:10 pm: Arrive in Boston
10 pm: Arrive back in my apartment
Sounds like a fun trip, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment