Thursday, February 7, 2013

25 Things before 25: Eat sushi

Course 1, Plate 1/2
I went with some friends to accomplish this one of my 25 things.  We went to Sushi Palace, in Hamden, CT, and there were seven of us there.  We ordered pretty much one of everything on the entire menu, so we would get to try a lot of variety.  We had about ten different types of rolls, fifteen types of sushi, and some sashimi.  Additionally, we got sake and a million different types of appetizers.  Highly recommended restaurant, and highly recommended cuisine!

Course 1, Plate 2


Surprisingly to me, you couldn't taste the fish at all inside the rolls.  They were absolutely delicious, and I can't believe all this time I was missing out on such rich flavor and scrumptious texture! However, I really really disliked the sushi itself (sushi is the raw fish alone, without rice or any accompaniment).  While the flavor was great, the texture was very bad to a point where I kept gagging.  I tried about five different types of fish and I just couldn't get over it, so I had to give up on that part of it.

I'm really glad I tried this! The sushi rolls were delicious and now I won't feel like a picky little kid when I go out to eat with my friends.

Until next time!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment