Tuesday, October 7, 2014

25 Things: 100 push-ups, part 1

Today was the first day of my quest to do 100 push-ups.  I'm following the schedule on this website.

Since today was the first day, I had to do the initial test.  I was able to do 11 full (non-modified) push-ups.  Honestly, I was surprised that I was able to do so many, and in fact, I probably could have done some more if I pushed myself.

Because of this, I'll be following column #3 in this plan during weeks 1-2.  I have to do push-ups three times per week.  I'm aiming for Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, because those days are when I usually have the least amount of work and/or driving to do.  Here's the plan for the first two weeks:

Week 1:
Day 1: set of 10, set of 12, set of 7, set of 7, as many as possible (minimum 9)
Day 2: set of 10, set of 12, set of 8, set of 8, as many as possible (minimum 12)
Day 3: set of 11, set of 15, set of 9, set of 9, as many as possible (minimum 13)

Week 2:
Day 1: set of 14, set of 14, set of 10, set of 10, as many as possible (minimum 15)
Day 2: set of 14, set of 16, set of 12, set of 12, as many as possible (minimum 17)
Day 3: set of 16, set of 17, set of 14, set of 14, as many as possible (minimum 20)

At the end of week 2, I have to do a follow-up test, where I must do as many as possible.  That will tell me what to do in the following weeks.  I'll check back in soon to share my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment