Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What I'm Reading - October 2014

I've been reading a lot recently.  Here are a few of my recent reads.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
I read this book after watching the movie.  I liked it a lot! It was an easy read, and it was pretty much identical to the movie, so I don't have a lot to add.














Inamorata by Megan Chance
I read this as one of the Kindle First free books.  This book was following in the vein of recent young adult fiction.  The characters weren't very well developed and the story took a while to get into.  It also was kind of weird - there were some vampire-like fantasy elements, and strange relationships between a woman and her brother.  Once I got into the exciting part, about 2/3 of the way through, I couldn't put it down, but it wasn't very well written nonetheless.










The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
This was yet another book from the Kindle First collection.  I really enjoyed this book! It was fairly well written for a young adult novel, and the story was very whimsical and imaginative.  I really enjoyed this, and if there is a sequel I will definitely put it on my reading list!













The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales
I really didn't like this book.  I feel like everything in it could have been easily condensed into a long-form article, and there was no need for the book format.  It repeated a lot of information throughout and had spoilers, and additionally, didn't present the story chronologically, or seemingly with any thought for how to best lay it out.  But a good gossipy beach read I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment