Sunday, October 19, 2014

25 Things: Watch Star Wars (part 1)

Things I know about Star Wars before watching the movies:
-Darth Vader is a man who wears a black suit and breathes heavily.  He has his own theme song.  I guess he's the bad guy.
-Luke Skywalker is Darth Vader's son (thus the "Luke, I am your father" quote that everyone knows) and seems to be the good guy.  He has a girlfriend or something who is Princess Leia, who wears her hair in two buns.  They both wear white robes all the time.
-They have a few friends that they travel around with - Chewbacca, a giant monkey-creature who makes a weird growling noise, and two robots, one who looks like a roomba but larger in the vertical dimension, and one that looks like the tin man, but gold.
-Their weapon of choice is the light saber.  There are different colored ones, but I don't know if that means anything.
-There is a wise man named Yoda who is a little green monster who speaks in backwards sentences.
-The opening sequence has words traveling through space as the all-too-famous to all brass players theme plays in the background.
-The premise of the movies, I believe, is that they all travel around throughout the galaxy? universe? and fight the bad guys.  I'm not sure what exactly the bad guys threaten, or how they travel, but I think they encounter lots of strange creatures along the way.

I know that there are six movies, and movies 4-6 were made decades before movies 1-3, so it's debatable the order in which i should watch them.  But after reading various internet commentary on the issue, I decided to start with the 4th movie, and go in the order of original release.

No comments:

Post a Comment